Toddler Community (16 - 33 Months)
Jonathan Montessori offers a 173 day school year, following Chaska's District 112 School Calendar from Sept. 4, 2018 through June 6, 2019; covering only those days delineated on the school's annual calendar. New students will be phased in from August 27 - 31
We provide childcare for the convenience and flexibility of parents & caregivers, combined with an authentic Montessori education. Call for tuition costs.
Our Toddler Community provides childcare for children from ages 16 months through 33 months, and is one of the few authentic Montessori programs in the area. The community is led by an AMI Montessori Certified Guide.
As with all the learning environments at Jonathan Montessori School, the toddler environment is meant to be an extension of home. Under the consistent and nurturing care of our teachers, our children are recognized as unique and important individuals, and are encouraged to explore in a safe and beautiful space that has been carefully prepared to promote independence.
Areas of exploration and learning include language, art, music, movement, and daily life activities as they care for their environment, themselves and the entire Toddler Community. In order to feel a sense of "home" this community is a consistent program with attendance Monday through Friday.
We encourage you to visit our school and observe the community!
9:00 a.m. -- Noon
9:00 a.m. -- 3:30 p.m.
**Before & after care extended hours available based on your family needs.
The JMS Toddler Community Is...
- A specially prepared environment that encourages movement, independence and language development
- A safe, nurturing place for toddlers to interact with their peers & develop the sense that they are an important part of a community
- A place to engage in new experiences that increase the child's knowledge of their world & aid their ability to make choices
- A place where toilet training is referred to as toilet "learning". The children wear underwear throughout their day and use a bathroom with toilets and potty chairs that are just the right size for them. Toilet learning comes very quickly in the Toddler Community
- A place where being part of the community means each child has the opportunity to help prepare snack, set the table, wash dishes, and other activities that build their confidence and make them feel that their "work" is important